[Nouveau] Custom xorg.conf file to enable Optimus support.

Alfonso Commer acommn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 10:12:10 PDT 2015

Hello!

I've searching the internet for a custom way to enable Optimus support
(through XRANDR and PRIME) but with no success.

The problem is as follows:

1. I have two GPU inside this computer (Intel HD series and a Nvidia
Geforce GTX 860M), the computer is a Lenovo Y50-70.
2. I've writen two custom xorg configuration files (that are inside my
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ configuration directory) to enable/change certain
options (TearFree and AccelMethod primarily).
3. When the two configuration files are inside the configuration directory,
I only get the Intel GPU as the output for the command "xrandr
--listproviders" and therefore not able to use the PRIME feature for some
applications I want to be run with the Nvidia GPU (after executing the
command "xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink <provider> <sink>").
4. When the two configuration files are not inside the configuration
directory, I get both GPUs (Intel & Nvidia) and can use the PRIME feature
and everything works as expected, but not with the desired "AccelMethod"
changes and the "TearFree" option enabled.

So, the question is, is there a way to have my custom configuration files
(with the desired options enabled) and have PRIME feature working at the
same time? Maybe through a custom xorg.conf configuration file? Could
anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention and information you can
give me.

P.D. I send my two configuration files if they end up being useful.