[OpenFontLibrary] license proliferation

Barry Schwartz chemoelectric at chemoelectric.org
Wed Jul 28 14:10:55 PDT 2010

"jon at rejon.org" <jon at rejon.org> skribis:
> In the future, I hope that SIL Open Font License could move to be
> compatible with future CC licenses...that would make much more
> sense...at the time of SIL Open Font License, CC said not into fonts.
> I think that is diff. now...

The trouble with CC licenses is that they need FAQs, but the FAQs
themselves are so curt that I have little trust they represent what
the actual license says. To me freedom includes freedom from the
plague of obfuscatory legalism; it means I can read the license for
myself and understand what I am reading.

Enslavement to lawyers seems less frightening than enslavement to
software writers, but it still scares me.