[OpenFontLibrary] Revival of the fittest

Peter Baker b.tarde at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:16:29 PDT 2010

I love the old humanist serif typefaces: if I had time to launch a new
font project, I'd be looking at the Griffo/Manutius types. But
ultimately the only thing that gets you through a project as big as a
typeface project is making a thing you want to use yourself.

Someone asked about Junicode: it's not Garamond, but based on the type
in a Clarendon Press book of 1703/05. But I learned a lot from my
(legal) copies of Adobe Garamond and Caslon while I was doing the
original work.

Peter