[OpenICC] Oyranos - proof of concept

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Fri Apr 22 22:31:59 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 13:19 +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> A small utility - oyranos-gamma makes a call to the separate
> liboyranos-moni.so lib to obtain, by a (poor) heuristic, the best matching
> monitor profile name.
> Xcalib is called to upload the eventually contained vcgt tag to the
> graphics card. The function to set the monitor profile is currently
> utilised in icc_examin only. Oyranos-gamma can be automatically called
> from a X init script like '.xinitrc'.

We'll need to ensure that hot-plug of monitors  on the fly is
possible/convenient. This is a very common operation these days given
laptops.  It is certainly something we plan to do for X in general.

D-Bus is the obvious candidate for part of the solution, given it's use
in the Linux hotplug subsystem.
				Regards,
				 - Jim