[Openicc] profile distribution / Adobe / ECI

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Mon May 30 21:03:59 EST 2005

Hallo Kai-Uwe

Adobe
-----
Adobe offers free download, usage and some forms of distribution of
their profiles at:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2348
I understand, that the Adobe-profiles could part of the RPM, if the text
of the Adobe-license is also provided.

ECI
---
The ECI provides also free profiles at
http://www.eci.org/eci/downloads/ECI-de/iccprofile_der_eci/ECI_Offset_2004.zip
Wich are already part of several software-distributions for proofing and
PDF/X generation.

Photogamut
----------
The Photogamut-team has made a free profile for a print-orientated
RGB-working-space at:
http://www.photogamut.org/E_ICC_profile.html
The near-neutrals behave like sRGB, the primaries and secondaries have
the shape of an widegamut RGB-printer.
- For an transformtion from workingspace to print, there is lesser gamut
compression neccessary, compared to monitor-orientated working-spaces.
- For printing on printers without ICC-match, you get in most cases a
pleasent match, because sRGB is the best colorspace for Non-ICC users.
- Some ICC-members tested photogamutRGB and found, that the gamut is
very similar to Reference-medium-gamut for ICCv4 profiles.

Greetings
:-) Jan-Peter