[Openicc] Setting copyright and licence in profiles

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Nov 23 10:55:10 PST 2012

Am 23.11.2012 14:46, schrieb Richard Hughes:
> In shared-color-profiles we're now creating some of the RGB spaces
> from raw values (e.g.
> http://www.brucelindbloom.com/index.html?WorkingSpaceInfo.html) and
> I'm wondering what to do with the licensing and copyright information.
>
> I don't think it's right we're currently trying to squash both the
> copyright and licence into the same field. They are not the same thing
> at all. For some profiles the concept of copyright just doesn't apply
> at all.
>
> What I'm tempted to do is set the profile copyright string to either
> "No copyright" or just not set the cmsInfoCopyright tag at all.

One might refere to http://spdx.org/licenses/ and just place the
Identifier inside ylomg the URL. Be it a separate tag or in the a meta tag.

> I'm also proposing to add some DICT metadata, something like "Licence"
> = "Public Domain"

Appears are good choice. The only concern here are restrictive licenses
like GPL or proprietary. Quite some people where in the past scary about
the later ones.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe