[poppler] Creating PDF with poppler ?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 08:21:53 PDT 2011

A Dissabte, 17 de setembre de 2011, Thomas Freitag vàreu escriure:
> Sorry, Albert!
>
> Your previous mail reaches me during my vacation. After I started
> reading my mails again, I had tons of poppler mails in my mailbox, so I
> decided to move them into an archive to read them later, when I have the
> time to do it. That's why I missed it (and even that You commit my patch
>
> :-) )
>
> I now quickly created two man pages. Are they sufficient and more
> important understandable?

Hmm, reading the behaviour of pdfextract, i see that it differs a bit from
e.g. pdftoppm in which you do not need to define the %d and the page numbers
are appended automatically.

I see that your way is a bit more powerful, since it allows to have the number
at the beginning.

What I would like you to do is:
 a) Complain if no %d is in the pattern, e.g. right now
./pdfextract -f 1 -l 2 input.pdf ouput
Only extracts page 2 (page 1 is probably extracted and then overwritten)
 b) If no %d is in the pattern, just append the page number

I am fine with any of them.

The manpages look fine, but i'll hold commiting until you decide if you want
to implement a) or b)

Do you think you can do that before the 26th that is when we are releasing
poppler 0.18.0?

Albert