[Portland] kbuildsycoca and xdg-utils

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Mon Aug 7 11:08:56 PDT 2006

KDE should pick up the menu changes fairly quickly anyway. xdg-mime runs
it because it affects the result of a subsequent xdg-mime query or
xdg-open.

The grep /etc/passwd in scripts.patch doesn't seem reliable to me. I
don't think there is a guarantee that the current user is listed in
there if accounts are stored in LDAP or so, is there? I'm also worried
that these sudo calls can lead to password prompts.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman

However