[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth (a2dpd) output stutters

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 26 10:06:57 PDT 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Brad Midgley wrote:

> Could I also convince you to use the new audio drivers built into bluez? :)
>
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices
>
> that's where we're focusing the development effort.

Yes, I'll try that.  I saw your announcement earlier, but had a problem
between keyboard and chair, so I continued using the separate a2dpd.  I'll
download the bluez-utils-3.16 sources and build everything, shut down
Bluetooth, de-install bluez-utils-3.7, install bluez-utils-3.16, restart
Bluetooth, and see what happens.  Everyone cross fingers!

> btw, it does help in some cases to make the device streaming the audio
> prefer to be master. In hcid.conf:
>
> lm accept,master;
> lp hold,sniff,park;

I'll try that.  Presently "lm accept" and "lp rswitch,...".  However, my
Motorola RAZR cellphone seems to want the master role, at least during
pairing.  This won't bother me since I never do OBEX from it, but other
people may have a problem.

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA 90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu  http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)