[pulseaudio-discuss] module role-ducking and module-role-cork

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Sat Feb 20 11:44:35 UTC 2016

On 20.02.2016 03:24, Sangchul Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your comment. I checked the link minutes ago.
>
> The intention for reducing code duplication seems good.
> However I'm still wondering whether it is necessary because there's a
> possibility to extend functionality and to change its structure of
> ducking module except cork module.
> This issue would be discussed by maintainers.
>
> Anyway, I'm going to consider to apply my patch to your works after
> your codes are merged to upstream codes. (I'll contact you then)
>
> Regards,
> Sangchul Lee

> <mailto:georg at chini.tk>>:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     if you are working on the two modules, maybe you can
>     use the patch set at
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/23189
>     which combines the two modules. This avoids unnecessary code
>     duplication.
>     The patch set has never been reviewed. I already sent a mail to
>     the list, but
>     I don't know if you have seen it.
>     If you are interested and have problems getting the patches from
>     the link above,
>     I can send them to you via mail.
>
>     Regards
>                  Georg

Hi,

thanks for your response. My code will probably never be merged, I sent
the patch
about a year ago and nobody ever cared to review it. So I thought you
might want
to pick up the idea, as you are obviously working on the module and got some
response from the maintainers. Since your code might be merged into upstream
now, I would have to rewrite the patch series to take your changes into
account,
which I will probably never do.
I thought it might be a good idea if you do the consolidation first and
then apply
your changes to avoid duplicate work. To me it seems that having
different feature
sets for the two modules does not make a lot of sense, because they are
used for
the same purpose.

Regards
              Georg