CVS access policy, branching/tagging, code review, etc.

Mike A. Harris release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:34:19 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:

> > We need to put together guidelines for how:
> >
> > - Does one gain CVS write access to the repository, who needs to
> >   be contacted, what steps need to happen before access is
> >   granted (if any), who decides, etc.
> > - what the official do's and dont's are in the tree
> > - what happens if someone commits something non-trivial without
> >   proper code review, which others believe should not have been
> >  committed, or which horribly breaks the tree, etc.
> >  [etc, snipped]
>
>Some of this -- e.g. how to gain CVS access -- is already answered in
>the xorg wiki on fd.o. Some is implicit. Some has been talked about on
>confcalls.
>
>Read the wiki first and if you think something needs to be expanded on
>or clarified please make suggestions. People who know the answers should
>get a wiki account on fd.o and start adding to the wiki.

Ok, thanks Kaleb.  I wasn't aware of all that had been discussed
before.  Sometimes it is hard to keep track of everything that is
going on.  I'm reading the wiki right now.  I'll update the wiki
with some additional information also.

Thanks again,
TTYL