X.Org Foundation - Release Wranglers Call - 19th March 2004.
h.greenwell at opengroup.org
Fri Mar 19 09:07:44 PST 2004
The minutes of the call today:
1. Discussion of making a branch inactive - Egbert suggests to clear out
the top level "imake". Stuart/Egbert to investigate
2. Commit messages not getting to Egbert - seem to go to Kaleb - who
forwards. Seem to be being sent by
Keith says comes from a magic address. Not sure what causes. Kaleb will set
a bit to stop him moderating messages for Egbert.
3. Biggest problem is lack of responses from people.
Egbert wants Julius and Keith in the loop to help Chisato Yamauchi to solve
the freetype issue. Need help to remove the static binding on ftxf86.c
which is compiled into freetype. Suggest asking freetype people, but not
sure if making any progress. Need Keith and Julius to try and help.
Action: Keith fixing making changes to fontconfig and xft versions today.
Once complete, Keith will make the changes in the tree.
Harold checked in 2 things to release branch. Only affect CYGWIN.
Harold wants to release CYGWIN with the RELEASE tree.
Egbert is then OK, happy for all to be in one tree.
Harold will probably cut release of CYGWIN from CYGWIN branch, cause three
small 1.1 bugs are in the Cygwin Branch, but not in the Release Branch
Discussed status of 3 bugs. Harold happy for them to remain out of the 1.0
release, on the understanding that V1.1 will be quite soon afterwards.
Egbert discussed work on configuring trademark changes.
Harold asked about having a support address. Egbert references a wiki on
Egbert asked for checking on build of Release Tree for CYGWIN. Wants more
people testing the build and execution.
Action: Harold agreed to check the build of the Release Branch on CYGWIN.
Action: Kaleb agreed to do a build on Darwin.
Action: Jim will look to change tinderbox over to building the Trademark branch
Egbert noted that a build using tinderbox takes over 90 minutes, without
tinderbox it takes about 23 minutes.
Jim has asked John Dennis to look at the tinderbox configuration again.
Egbert says everything working, but just slow.
Keith/Jim asked what help he needs from people with the trademark issues.
Egbert reported that he has a list of things he will do.
Egbert would like a volunteer for the documentation issues.
On xkb, Egbert has change the name of the top level rules files. Egbert
will check if the old name can be made an alias - using a symlink?
Keith/Egbert think this will work.
Keith also suggested an include mechanism or some form of delegation.
Discussion of fork and exec of xkb not acceptable going forward. DRI
modules do NOT do this.
Egbert an X.Org logo - about 200*200 pixels - one Color and one Black and
White. Needed for Monday, XPM format.
Action: Leon agreed to get new graphics to Egbert.
Leon asked about dates. Harold is ready to go next week. Preferably
Wednesday or Thursday. Will package from own branch, but wants to wait
until the X.Org release is ready.
Harold wants to merge in before the release, so that a tarball can be build
for every system. May not work for the DDX.
Tarball released by X.Org will not be latest for Cygwin. Will definitely
need to update DDX for 1.1 release.
Harold does want the association with the X.Org release.
Target release date is 1 week from Tuesday - 30th March.
Leon also working with editor in news release. Wants info from everyone.
Jim thinks we need to have a closed marketing list set up...
Action: Howard to set up an "xf_marketing" list from release wranglers to
get those involved onto the list.
(All attendees of the call agreed to be on the marketing list).
Jim suggested calling this release X11R6.7, and then the next release with
many new features to be called X11R7.
Call agreed to call the next release X11R22.214.171.124 (using similar number to
that of XFree86)
Recommendation will be taken to the board for ratification on Tuesday.
Howard mentioned the fact that Egbert asked for documentation support. Paul
indicated that he would be able to help.
Action: Paul will look to updating all the documentation that gets put into
the install directory.
Egbert touch man pages attached to binaries. But not anything else. Egbert
asked if Keith script could be run for him.
Need to do a "-k" build as we do not have the pixmap files.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the release-wranglers