X.Org Foundation - Release Wranglers Call - 19th March 2004.

Torrey Lyons torrey at mrcla.com
Fri Mar 19 11:50:19 PST 2004

At 5:07 PM +0000 3/19/04, Howard Greenwell wrote:
>Action: Kaleb agreed to do a build on Darwin.

Cool. I see from the web page that the release has been tested on Mac
OS X 10.3. Are you planning to package for pure Darwin 7.x as well?
It takes a few extra (non-documented) steps to build a single set of
tarballs that work for both using the Xinstall.sh script from
XFree86. How are you going to package Darwin binaries? The
DarwinPorts and Fink guys would probably be interested in doing an
XOrg package once the release is final.

If you are interested in Mac OS X 10.1.x support, you will definitely
want to pull in my most recent fix to the XFree86 xf-4_4-branch.
Otherwise, the X server is not really usable in rootless mode. The
patch is to two files in Xserver/hw/darwin/quartz/cr.

--Torrey