[SCIM] help: scim 0.9.3 on whitebox linux

Cougar liuspider at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 07:45:45 PDT 2004

Hi,

I think you are right: Gtk will always use the LANG
enviromental variable to determine which GUI language
it will choose. Currently, I do not know how to
overwrite the LANG variables (my LANG=en_GB, because I
prefer English GUI)

Have a try scim-panel-kde, it does not depend on the
LANG, but honor the KDE settings, so if the primary
language in your KDE is, say German, then
scim-panel-kde should be also in German (of course, if
any one know German wants to translate it ;)

If you can not fully understand any English strings in
scim (or scim-panel-kde), you can ask them here, we
are more than happy to explain and help you with your
translation if needed.

BTW: why can't you see the handbood on the SCIM
website?