[Spice-devel] Is it possible to implement file system redirection in SPICE?

xufango xufango at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 06:27:31 PDT 2012

> FWIW there is someone working on filesystem passthrough using 9pfs. The
> main stumbling block there is lack of a windows driver.

You mean that write a windows driver to support 9pfs,
like the examples as http://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/  ?

And implement implement the actual file system access (./hw/9pfs/virtio-9p-local.c) on windows?

As "there are no Windows drivers (virtio-pci device and p9fs) available. " said,
We also need to write a virtio-pci driver on windows?

There already exits lots of virtio-* drivers on windows, a virtio-pci driver is what kind of drivers?
And why need a virtio-pci driver?

Thanks, looking forward to your answers.