[Tango-artists] A little help, please

Matt Chaput matt at sidefx.com
Mon Nov 13 12:42:34 PST 2006

> Now there is one new configuration dialog in E, called "Mime
> Types". And of course, I need to draw icon for it. Do you have any
> suggestions? I just can't think of anything, that represents "a
> Mime Type"

My first thought is simply a totally blank document icon. Or possibly
some "variable" indication on the document icon like a question mark,
though that would probably just look like help.

Another idea might be small multiples... that is, depict four or more
small examples of different file types. The only problem being it
doesn't scale down to small (< 32x32) sizes well.

The one thing you must never use for this icon: a picture of a (face
painted, silent, walking against the wind) mime ;)

You've probably thought of these already, and maybe thought there
must be something better, but I doubt there is. Entirely abstract
concepts/categories rarely result in good, clear icons.

Matt