[Tango-artists] beginnings of an Umbrella

Adam Theo theo at theoretic.com
Mon Apr 7 20:13:25 PDT 2008

Hello, all. I'm the guy from the "Tango on Television thread a few weeks
back. I had to take a couple of weeks off, but I'm back to making Tango
icons for a television show I'm producing.

My latest newbie attempt is an umbrella. However, some parts of it have been
difficult for my newbie skillz. I'm hoping someone on this list would be
kind enough to finish it off for me?  ;-) As you can see, I'm more than
halfway done, but there are two things which are kicking my ass:

* filling in the umbrella webbing with a nice gradient that curves along the
fake wireframing. I tried many things, but none looked good.
* Glossy effect on the metal shaft. This is my first time trying a glossy
object, and I did actually get something decent, but I'd prefer for it to be
better since it'll be for high-resolution public viewing.

Thanks for any help. I hope this is also useful to someone else in the
future.

--
(adam) THEO -- Age 28 -- Tallahassee, FL USA
Video Editor at WFSU-TV. Civil Engineer in Air Force. Entrepreneur