[Tango-artists] Newbie to GIMP and Tango wanting to export SVG->PNG :S

Toby toby.weston at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 05:00:22 PST 2008

Hi Folks,

Really sorry to ask such a newbie question but I was wondering how the nice
16x16 images are generated (from SVGs) and if its possible to do this with
the GIMP. I wanted to make a small change or two then export the icons to
32x32 and 16x16.

I figured that the icon-naming-utils and the make files for the other
projects are more for installing the complete set of icons? I want to just
edit stuff. I was also assuming that the way to go about editing icons is to
change the SVG then export to your appropriate whatsit? I made a small
change and exported to PNG but found the image sizes not quiet right, ie, it
wants to export to 16x18 or whatever.

svg2png.sh.in looks like it could be useful, but I couldn't figure out how
to run it!

My best efforts at scaling etc don't produce such neat icons as those in the
16x16 folders? Any tips?

Thanks in advance,
--
Toby