[Telepathy] The telepathy-reviewers mailing list.

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 09:52:38 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 16:34 +0000, Will Thompson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to propose a few people for commit access as per the WIP
> procedure at <http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Committers> (which
> is based on WebKit's). That page says that Telepathy reviewers are
> defined to be the set of people on the telepathy-reviewers mailing list,
> which is currently rather anaemic:
> <http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/roster/telepathy-reviewers>.
>
> Are we okay with having a Grand Unified List of Reviewers for all
> Telepathy components hosted on freedesktop.org, just as commit access is
> all-or-nothing? Obviously people on the list should exercise their own
> judgement as to whether they're able to give patches in particular areas
> of different projects the thumbs-up.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't think it's a good idea to have random people review stuff for
random modules. Since our modules are relatively small, I think there
should be a owner/maintainer for each module so we have a minimum of
accountability. Also, the maintainer should always have an overview of
the changes to his module, so that he can maintain a good level of
consistency

Also, some modules (like tp-farsight/farstream) require specialized
knowledge so in practice only one or two people could review them
anyway.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk