[Xcb] missing xdmcp in the wiki dev page

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat May 6 13:01:49 PDT 2006

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 10:00:26AM -0700, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Oh.  I'm not sure that lib/Xdmcp should even be optional,
> then, for now?  XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 is pretty important.

You're the only person who has ever mentioned it to me, and Google
considers your post announcing xcb_des.c to be one of the top
authorities on XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1. :-) I haven't seen any evidence that
it's worth spending any developer time on right now.

> How the heck did we lose my bits?  I'll try to find them,
> and if not I'll recreate them.  They weren't hard IIRC.

When we discovered that it wasn't clear whether we could ship a DES
implementation from inside the US, I moved xcb_des.[ch],v out of the CVS
repository and into my home directory on freedesktop.org. Sometime in
the intervening 2.5 years, those files disappeared. fd.o admins haven't
made any efforts to preserve user files. :-/

I would like to discourage you from recreating those files right now
though. As I say, I don't think it's worth spending any time on at the
moment, and people who want this are taken care of.

> Are we doing anything other than XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 and
> MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 yet?  [he asks, being too lazy to look]

Nope.

> If not, does anyone actually care?

I have this theory... :-)

--Jamey