[Xcb] libx11 with Xlib/XCB now in experimental - trouble;

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Mon Jul 30 12:17:59 PDT 2007

As of late last week, we have both a good solid workaround
idea for this, and some buy-in on getting Java patched to
fix the problem.  Unfortunately, both of these things will
take a bit of time.  Thanks much for your patience.  In the
meantime, I think there's a patched version of libxcb around
somewhere that will avoid the failing checks.  As long as
you don't try to execute code that uses the "Xinerama"
extension, that should solve your problem :-).  Perhaps
someone can provide a pointer?

    Bart Massey
    Assoc. Prof. Computer Science
    Portland State University