[Xcb] xcb util-cursor, again

Josh Triplett josh at joshtriplett.org
Tue Jul 2 19:07:48 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 08:09:57PM +0200, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> it has been nearly 5 months without a reply to my last question about
> how to proceed with regards to util-cursor:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2013-February/008161.html

I'm sorry that you didn't get a timely response.  I'd guess that your
mail probably got simultaneously lost in everyone's "someone else will
answer it" filter.

Part of the issue is that people pay much closer attention to xcb than
they do to any of the utility libraries.

I'd love to see your util-cursor become a project alongside the other
xcb utility libraries.  If you already have the necessary permission to
create a git repository for it, please do, and prepare a prerelease
snapshot release (0.99 or similar).  If you don't have the necessary
permission to create a new repository, please file a bug against
sitewranglers to get one created with the same permissions as xcb.

- Josh Triplett