mime-type/application association spec

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 11:17:48 EEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 09:17, Jeroen ten Berge wrote:
> > uses_gnome_vfs one is totally X-GNOME, it appears in the doc I posted
> > here since a few bits of this doc are notes about which extensions
> > should be added to the spec for GNOME specific use.
> IMHO it's better to say uses_vfs instead of adding the gnome keyword,
> future desktop's and maybe QT will use a vfs-type implementation in
>  their libraries, maybe another idea is this : if app.showall
> supports most URI's, then tell which URI's are not supported
> (e.g. as URI->notsupported or something), if app.showsome
> supports only a handfull URI's, then mention them
> (e.g. as URI->supported or something)...

What? This is exactly the reason the gnome keyword is added. KDE and
gnome uris are different, so if it says just uses_vfs and you got a
(KDE) webdav://server/dir uri a gnome app would fail to load it, because
gnome-vfs uses http://server/dir for webdav. Etc.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a lonely native American cat burglar plagued by the memory of his
family's brutal murder. She's a supernatural gypsy socialite with an
incredible destiny. They fight crime!