[Xesam] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Antoni Mylka antoni.mylka at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 04:52:12 PDT 2009

Evgeny Egorochkin pisze:

<snip>

>> Does SF have this?
>
> I was thinking about something like being able to reference patches by their
> hashes or something. So that a ticket resolution could link to the web
> interface showing the patch while still being able to move repositories
> around.
>
> The less convenient approach is to provide a patch hash and people would use a
> git gui to find it, but it's not as friendly to "light" contributors.
>
> So far I didn't manage to find such a functionality in SF. Quite possibly it
> doesn't exist in any of popular trackers :/
>
> -- Evgeny

What you describe is possible in trac with the git plugin. See for instance

https://fedorahosted.org/beaker/log/beakerlib

It's the log of a random file in a random project at fedorahosted.org.
You can link to patchsets by their hash.

or see of the git projects at

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/

I love trac because:
1. you can link anything (changeset/issue/wikipage) to anything
2. you get a single timeline with all project activity (commits,tracker
activity and wiki activity), one RSS to rule them all, one RSS to find
them, one RSS to bring them all etc.

The ideal solution would be a trac instance with the git plugin with a
git repository if git is the cool thing everyone wants to have. SF has
trac and git, but it doesn't allow you to install the trac git plugin
which is bad. We could all vote for it to be implemented though:

http://apps.sourceforge.net/ideatorrent/sourceforge/ideatorrent/idea/41/

Cons of gitorious imho
- no built in issue tracker
- no tracker activity on the timeline
- bare-bones wiki, no cool linking
- I'm scared of git because i haven't used it (well, no real con :) )

Does anyone know of a trac hosting solution that allows the admins to
install plugins? Otherwise I vote for SF/trac/svn. (or SF/trac/git, and
campaign for them to implement the trac/git integration in their
offering). Or maybe freedesktop.org would allow this, i.e. a custom trac
installation with the git plugin.

All kinds of comments welcome.

Antoni Mylka
antoni.mylka at gmail.com