[Xesam] Notifications

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Fri Nov 20 13:35:06 PST 2009

It was Roberto Guido who said at the right time 19.11.2009 12:55 the
following words:
> On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:25 +0100, Antoni Mylka wrote:
>
>> It's important because the timeline RSS contains everything BUT the
>> individual ticket comments, and ticket comments is where the real fun
>> is :).
>>

> I prefer avoid redirection of each notification to the mailing list due:
> - unrequired traffic
> - risk to split discussions between bugtracker and mailing list,
> generating great caos

in my view this is no risk

discussion should not take place in mailinglist, but in tickets.
tickets are documentation that stays,
mailinglists are the limbo of time flown by our eyes and lost in google,
forever going on their meandering ways....

so I am for "send it to the list" but if I am the only one, I would not
activate that.
(on the other hand, we can try and then switch it off again later if
someone hates it)

best
Leo
> RSS reports only creation of new tickets, and this is what I think is
> important: people can be notified when something new happens, and then
> choose to subscribe the ticket in trac or simply ignore because not in
> the field of interest.

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313