[xliff-tools] Another question on PO and XLIFF

Rodolfo M. Raya rodolfo at heartsome.net
Tue May 3 06:52:18 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 13:57 +0100, Tim Foster wrote:

> > > We're currently wrapping "\n" in <it> tags at the moment
> > > (will change that as soon as we move to XLIFF 1.1 and will adopt <g> instead)
> >
> > Don't you mean <x/> (or <ph>)?
>
> Erk. The xliff-po representation guide seems to be recommending <g>
> instead of <x> or <ph> (either way, we (Sun/open source xliff filter
> once it's released) have to do work to move from <it> to whatever is
> recommended)

Hi,

The guide recommends placing C-format tags in <ph> elements. See section
2.4.1.5. AFAIK, <g> elements are not recommended for anything special.

BTW, current Java implementation in CVS treats "\n" as text, it does not
surround it with <ph></ph>. Now I think that if the c-format flag is
present, then "\n"  should be placed inside a <ph> element.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rodolfo at heartsome.net>