Question about porting VCE1 to amdgpu

trevor.davenport at gmail.com trevor.davenport at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 17:38:06 UTC 2017

On 6/14/17, Alexandre Demers <alexandre.f.demers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 at 13:09 Deucher, Alexander <Alexander.Deucher at amd.com>
> wrote:

CIK uses the same firmware as radeon just with a header added(you can
compare BONAIRE_uvd.bin and bonaire_uvd.bin to see).

I had started working on getting UVD working but had to put that work
off due to moving(still not to a point where I can resume work).  I
had just tried adding the header but was getting a failure on ringtest
before I had to put it off.

If you don't add the header you'll need to add a fallback path that
tries loading firmware without the header.

Trevor