Apitrace builds on Windows XP

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Thu May 23 07:12:01 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Arthur Huillet <arthur.huillet at free.fr>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I regularly use José's builds on Windows 7, and they work fine. On Windows
> XP
> however, trying to run any of the binaries (qapitrace, apitrace, ...)
> yields
> the following error message: "apitrace.exe is not a valid Win32
> application".
>
> Has anyone experienced this? Do you know where it comes from and if
> anything
> can be done about it?

I don't have any XP VM handy. Could you open the executable with
http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and see if there's any complain about a
missing symbol?

> José, might I also suggest that you keep more Windows builds on apitrace?

Sounds great, but that needs me to spend some time writing a smarter upload
script that doesn't simply fill people.freedesktop.org till exaustion..

> As it
> stands, if a nightly build has a bug or anything making it unusable, users
> are
> more or less stuck.

I hope this doesn't happen frequently..

Jose