[avahi] Patch for gentoo compilation

Lennart Poettering mzzhgg at 0pointer.de
Sat Jul 2 14:56:07 PDT 2005

On Sat, 02.07.05 23:40, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

> > Since not all people will want to run both daemons it's probably
> > better to have two distinct init scripts for them.
> >

> yes that's true, but if you want to run dnsconfd you need avahi-deamon right?
> So the choice are nothing , only the deamon or both.

Correct.

> So i thought we could control this using /etc/default/avahi:
> ENABLE_DNSCONFD=true/false
> so it will disallow people to try starting dnsconfd without avahi-deamon,
> It will also ease to manage the dependencie of  avahi-dnsconfd
> (socket) on avahi-deamon.

/etc/default is Debian specific, isn't it?

> what do you think? i'll do what you prefer.

avahi-dnsconfd should become its own debian package with a "Depends:
avahi-daemon" which should fulfill all dependency requirements. To
facilitate this packaging scheme we should ship two distinct init
scripts, one for avahi-daemon and another for avahi-dnsconfd.

name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }
www { http://0pointer.de/lennart/ } icq# { 11060553 }