[avahi] Announcing libavahi-ui

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Thu Feb 8 03:50:07 PST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 02:24:51PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just commited the first version of libavahi-ui to Avahi SVN, some
> code I hacked up during my flights from and to linux.conf.au. This is
> a library which implements a common service browsing dialog for GTK.

Related to this. For Salut (the telepathy link-local xmpp CM) i did some code
which wraps various parts of the avahi API in GObjects. Which makes it much
nicer to work with in a GLib program.

My original intention was to refactor/complete these for potential inclusion in
avahi-glib.  Unfortunately due to a lack of time on my side this still hasn't
happend. But if someone else is interested at working on this, please feel free
to do so :) Imho most of the work would be in adding the parts that i didn't
wrap yet. (Assuming avahi upstream likes the current api it offers)

Salut can be retreived from darcs at
http://projects.collabora.co.uk/darcs/telepathy/telepathy-salut/src/

Or as a tarball on http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-salut/

  Sjoerd
--
The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is the most likely to be
correct.