[avahi] avahi config and builds

carl h heyen2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:19:13 PST 2015

Greetings,

First of all I'm a newbie to avahi. Hence my potentially naive questions.
So
apologies up front.

I need to use avahi for it's name resolution utilities. I see that the
avahi-utils
folder has a name resolver utility. I would like to build that utility. I
would also
like to explore and experiment with other utilities as well.

The problem is that there's no guide of any sort to describe how to
configure
and build avahi to generate the apps and utils that I want.

I've googled quite a bit but haven't turned up much worth using.

Can anyone direct me to any info on this?

thanks
/carl h.