[cairo] Re[4]: Cairographics on win32

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Apr 7 17:09:01 PDT 2005

Stuart Parmenter writes:
 > I really think that checking in Visual Studio projects is the wrong
 > thing to do here.  We should just create a windows makefile that you
 > can use nmake to build, similarly to what glib, pango, etc do.

But note that only for glib are these makefiles close to usable
without manual surgery AFAIK. Surely it is next to impossible to
create a ready-to-use makefile for nmake for the libraries with more
complex dependencies. And maintaining such is a pain. (I certainly am
not going to provide any msvc makefiles for the modules that are being
ported to Windows as part of the Evolution porting effort (ORBit2,
GConf, libbonobo, libbonoboui, libgnome etc.))

(But then, cairo has relatively few dependencies, so for cairo a
separate manually written nmake makefile probably might make sense.)

--tml