[cairo] Errors building Cairo and Pixman under Cygwin

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Sat Apr 11 10:00:43 PDT 2009

> For what it's worth, yes, I build cairo and pixman on windows, but I
> don't use Cygwin.

Ditto here. And many people cross-build cairo and pixman for Windows on Linux.

> Since cairo is built as part of the cygwin distribution, maybe you
> should check with the maintainers and experts there to see if they're
> familiar with this problem?

Also, the original poster should make clear to himself whether
building cairo for Cygwin is really what he wants, or if he actually
wants to build them for Windows? They are not the same thing. Cygwin
and Windows code should not be mixed unless one knows exactly what one
is doing.

> Unfortunately this is my first real venture into the C++ world

But fortunately no C++ is involved here;) Just plain C. (The thing
called "C/C++" exists in the mind of people writing job advetisements
only.)

--tml