[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.05

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Fri Aug 13 11:53:08 PDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Jon Phillips wrote:
> I think we should talk more about this, but flesh it out more on the
> wiki and even add it more to the roadmap.

Agreed.  I'm hoping I'll have more time to work on it in the coming
weeks, but we'll see.  Things have gotten pretty busy for me this past
couple months, but I definitely want to get back to focusing on this.

> We *really* need to start using our roadmap. Possibly it should be the
> next milestone. At some point we need to start using the roadmap for our
> releases, as there are so many tasks that keep getting pushed back.

Yeah you're right...  I've been really lacking on keeping up on it, but
each time we do a release I look and realize that we're not achieving
what we should.

Perhaps we need to split the clipart releases and the software
development into two separate roadmaps?  That way we don't have the hard
dates of the clipart releases conflicting with the pace of development.
I'm sure we all have enough deadline pressure already via work, so we
wouldn't want to impose more on ourselves.  ;-)

> Awesome idea! Is this a separate project though?

Well, certainly it has applicability well and beyond OCAL and Inkscape,
but I really don't want to start yet another project (I'm in too many
already, as it is).  I'd like to let it gestate and mature here at OCAL,
and if it turns out well and is as reusable as I hope it will be, then
think about where to go with it from there.  I'd mainly like to focus it
on suiting OCAL's specific needs first, because there's plenty of work
to do right there.  But I'm going to try following the same approach as
I did for SVG::Metadata by posting it on CPAN, so potentially others can
find it beyond OCAL.