[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.05

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Aug 13 12:03:13 PDT 2004

Yeah, I dunno. I think we should consolidate to one roadmap and just
make softer deadlines for ourselves because *we* are busy.

I wonder if what you are proposing is best done in PERL. I guess at
least it could be proof of concept and functional for our needs...

Great! Jon

In terms of releases, I like our approach of getting things together at
the end of the month for release. I think this upcoming release with our
new logo selected we should push to a much larger audience and submit
through the channels. We have yet to do this, and I think we should ramp
up for this release with our info all tightened up. That will help push
this project.

I'm finding that we communicate a lot more on this project through the
mailing list rather than chat and that is ok...every project is
different.

More Later,
Jon

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 11:53, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Jon Phillips wrote:
> > I think we should talk more about this, but flesh it out more on the
> > wiki and even add it more to the roadmap.
>
> Agreed.  I'm hoping I'll have more time to work on it in the coming
> weeks, but we'll see.  Things have gotten pretty busy for me this past
> couple months, but I definitely want to get back to focusing on this.
>
> > We *really* need to start using our roadmap. Possibly it should be the
> > next milestone. At some point we need to start using the roadmap for our
> > releases, as there are so many tasks that keep getting pushed back.
>
> Yeah you're right...  I've been really lacking on keeping up on it, but
> each time we do a release I look and realize that we're not achieving
> what we should.
>
> Perhaps we need to split the clipart releases and the software
> development into two separate roadmaps?  That way we don't have the hard
> dates of the clipart releases conflicting with the pace of development.
> I'm sure we all have enough deadline pressure already via work, so we
> wouldn't want to impose more on ourselves.  ;-)
>
> > Awesome idea! Is this a separate project though?
>
> Well, certainly it has applicability well and beyond OCAL and Inkscape,
> but I really don't want to start yet another project (I'm in too many
> already, as it is).  I'd like to let it gestate and mature here at OCAL,
> and if it turns out well and is as reusable as I hope it will be, then
> think about where to go with it from there.  I'd mainly like to focus it
> on suiting OCAL's specific needs first, because there's plenty of work
> to do right there.  But I'm going to try following the same approach as
> I did for SVG::Metadata by posting it on CPAN, so potentially others can
> find it beyond OCAL.
>
> Bryce

USA.PH.858.361.2811
jon at rejon.org