[Clipart] Auto clip art catalog?

Thomas Zastrow listen at thomas-zastrow.de
Thu Dec 14 13:16:35 PST 2006

Jon Phillips schrieb:
> sure, it would be great to get it nice and then we can put it as part of
> the projects tools package...what would be good is to find a way of
> rebuilding the output daily, but not redoing work each time the script
> is run...also, multiple forms of output would be ideal...
>
> great!
>
> jon

Jon,

I'm willing to spend some time on that script :-)

What it does at the moment:

1.)
It scans the OpenClipart-directory [of a stable release] for *png-files.
Not SVG-files (it's a admission to half-actual browsers which are not
able to display SVG-files directly).

2.)
 From these PNG-files, it produces HTML-files.

3.)
With the html2ps-Script (http://user.it.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html), it
builds PostScript-Files.

4.)
The postScript-Files can be converted to PDF with ps2pdf.

What to do:

a)
Is there a solution to convert SVG-files *on-the-fly* on the
command-line to PNG?

b)
A functionality which checks a directory for changes and then runs the
script just for these changes.

Just some thoughts ;-)

Best,

Tom