[Clipart] Any ETA on the cchost OCL site being back online??

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Jul 8 11:21:32 PDT 2007

Hi Greg and others,

I am finally sitting at my desk with access enough to move things over
to osuosl. Thanks for being good ocal'ers and sitting by. NOTE: ALl the
clipart and so forth are still URL downloadable at the current site, it
is just ccHost that is turned off and redirected to the wiki.

After I move this over and switch dns, then we will have more power to
give out access more easily. I want to get admin power on the server to
more people. Clearing admin requests, new accounts, and the power being
solely in my hands has been the biggest point of failure, and we need to
remedy that with more developers stepping up to help out regularly.

Would you like to help out Greg?

Jon

On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 10:02 -0700, Greg Bulmash wrote:
> It's been 2 months since the site went down.  If this was a business,
> that would be disastrous.  Even though OCL isn't a business, the
> two-month hiatus works against building confidence among potential
> contributors and users that this is a "real" and useful project worth
> using and being involved with.  It may not be a disaster, but it is
> definitely counterproductive to be down this long.
>
> I'd have donated to OSUOSL, but OSU won't just let me paypal them the
> money.  They want enough information to fill out a credit application
> before they'll grant you the privilege of donating to them.
>
> Jon, can those of us who don't want OSU invading our privacy that deeply
> just PayPal donations to you to help get this dang thing moving?
>
> Is there any other way of lighting a fire under their asses to get this
> new box up and running?
>
> This is getting frustrating.

Yes, I understand. At this point, it is about lighting a fire under my
ass :) Ok, thankfully, this is not a business, and, our problems are
because of too much success...good problems to have! However, once we
are on osuosl, sustainability and uptime are key resources for us...we
need more developers to help keep things running, and thankfully, osuosl
keeps up tons of big sites and have tools in place. Previously with
freedesktop.org, we were on one box with all the other projects!!!
Amazing point of failure :) OSUOSL has a paid staff!

Yes, ok, enough talking, now rsync'ing the sites...

Jon