[Clipart] php dev

Bassel Safadi bassel.safadi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 08:54:34 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> > would you briefer using gd or imagemagic for the converting, from my
> > point of view I see gd much faster, now are we gonna create thumbnails
> > on the fly or  will store cached copy?
>
> A problem is that neither gd or imagemagick support a lot of SVG
> features (which our clipart may use), for for the best accuracy using
> inkscape in command line mode may be the number one option.

actually I don't think it's a problem, if inkscape fit the project needs so
it's ok, I know some people talking about imagemagick problems when
processing svg, and inkscape is even easier to use, that will fix your site
needs but I don't think it will be ok for the upstream, I mean ccHost as a
CMS should not force the users to install inkscape. many users have sites on
shared servers that don't have inkscape installed, that's a thing to
consider.