[Clipart] Now down to business...

Seb sebastien.lanteigne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 17:26:40 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Jarod Russel <JarodR at gmx.de> wrote:
> I think that is a great idea SEb. There are many graphics that are part of a
> set already on OCAL. The set function could also be used if some uploaded an
> outline and another member colorized the outline and uploaded it too.

Not exactly. A modified version is a remix. I'm more or less
comfortable with the remix as they are. I do have 1 issue with the but
the 'set' feature would solve it.

My issue is that currently
If  X and Y are both remixes of Z.
X is not a remix Y.
Nor is Y a remix of X

Which is  most often fine but not always desirable.  For example My
gold medal (Z) has 2 remixes a Silver medal(X) and a bronze medal (Y)
. Both which are not remixes of each other.  But really should be.

Z (http://www.openclipart.org/detail/57571)
Y (http://www.openclipart.org/detail/57583)
X (http://www.openclipart.org/detail/57577)

If I could create a set instead of a remix this would not be and issue.

The 'set' feat i imagine is a bit restrictive in the sense that they
would be restricted to the artist. It would be a set as in the way
that the artist himself created the work as a set.

A 'user set' on the other hand could be a 'collection'. I like bacon,
so i could create a bacon collection of all bacon related clip art.

So Artist can make sets of their art to present to users and users can
make collections for their own use.

> What also comes to mind with this idea is a OCAL version of a blogs related
> posts function. Meaning if I view the clipart of a tiger, I will see
> underneeth the related (Other cliparts you may like) cliparts to the one I
> am viewing.

A related clipart section is good too but that is really the same as
search by tags.

Seb.