[Cogl] failure using cogl-gles2

mahesh gawali maheshgawali at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 05:45:41 PST 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to compile the webkit-clutter port v1.11 on x86. When I run
webgl samples on it, I am getting the following error:

*Couldn't push GLES2 context: Failed to create an OpenGL framebuffer object*

*this error is related to COGL in file cogl-framebuffer.c inside
function try_creating_fbo()*

initially i used to get this error, but resolved it by doing *export
COGL_DRIVER=gles2*
ERROR **: Couldn't create GLES2 context: Backend doesn't support creating
GLES2 contexts

I have tried running the same webgl sample on chrome and it runs fine(
http://learningwebgl.com/lessons/lesson01/index.html)

I have put my backtrace here (http://pastebin.com/YVgVXBAe)

Please let me know if anyone knows how to resolve this issue.

P.S: webkit-clutter supports webgl as per
http://blog.tomeuvizoso.net/2011/12/webgl-support-in-webkit-clutter.html using
cogl-experimental backend

- Mahesh