[compiz] Re: Water plugin don't run error message: GL_ARB_fragment, program is missing

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Jul 20 02:33:22 PDT 2006

On Jul 19, 06 15:42:05 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> >ByE all and thankU for the answers...i think that lot of U don't have so
> >much sparetime 4 this questions...especially who works at Novell...or
> >Suse...is Suse become a part of Novell?
>
> Novell has bought out Suse but I think they are still intending to
> operate as separate brands for the foreseeable future? David/Matthias
> care to correct me (I'm probably wrong!!!) ;)

SuSE was a AG (stock corporation) at the time Novell bought it, and it
has been turned into a GmbH (limited liability corporation) in the
meantime.
That is, it is still an own company, but a 100% daughter of Novell.
The former NLD (Novell Linux Desktop) is now (after the buy) called SLED
(SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop) - so the name SUSE will stay.

David, BTW, is employed by the Ximian office, which has been bought by
Novell just before SuSE (he wasn't at Ximian at that time, though).
I'm not 100% sure whether Ximian is still an own company or completely
merged into Novell, but I could imagine that it still is.

Frankly said, for me it doesn't really matter much whether you are a
100% daughter company or merged. The brand names still exist.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de