[compiz] 3 xgl/compiz problems

Giovanni Masucci gio.grifis at fastwebnet.it
Sun May 7 15:15:33 PDT 2006

SORRY: bad urls, corrected this time:

--------------

Looking deeper to compiz/xgl I found three problems in my system that I
report to you hoping to be somehow a little useful.
I didn't find any of them using Xorg 7

First my testing environment:
KDE 3.5
latest XGL cvs - XORG-7.0
Nvidia FX5200 64Mb
Latest nvidia drivers
Kernel 2.6.16.1

XGL problems:
1) xine is somehow broken with xgl, even with no composite managers:
it is very slow even when you are not playing videos and its gui  is
corrupted:
refer to the photo:
http://www.divingway.it/img/other/xineunderxgl.png

2) other visual artifacts come when I try to play wmv videos with XV.
No problems with opengl, or others.
http://www.divingway.it/img/other/wmvunderxgl.png

Compiz:

1) sometimes with no apparent reasons menu stop showing up.
So if for example I try, to click on FILE/EDIT etc nothing appears.
Restarting compiz solves the problem for a while.

I hope to have helped you a little bit.
Sorry if I you already know about these. :)