[compiz] Latest switcher patches, bugfix.

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Mon May 8 12:27:08 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 22:21 -0400, Quinn Storm wrote:
> I've attatched a patch to fix a bug in the latest switcher patches that
> got put into CVS.  Basically, window order with minimized windows is
> undefined, and this fixes it.

Why would it be undefined? The activation number for each window is used
to determine the order and there's nothing special with minimized
windows. Seems to be working just fine for me.

> Also, I notice that in some cases switcher fails to get an icon for a
> window.  Perhaps the icon code is forcing a search for a specific size,
> rather than 'best-fit'?

Well, for non-minimized windows, I'm searching for an icon smaller or
equal to 48x48. If the window doesn't have such an icon it usually
doesn't have any icons and I'm not using a default icon in that case.
For minimized windows I allow larger icons and I fall-back to a default
icon when no icon exist so you should always get an icon for these
windows.

> Also, the patch allows usage of alt+shift+tab (in default keybindings)
> to initiate switcher as well.

Good catch, fixed in CVS now.