[compiz] Tried out Beryl (Animation pugin)

Erkin Bahceci erkinbah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:50:26 PDT 2006

Hi David,

First of all, thanks for your great work with Compiz/Xgl :)

I will put disablePostprocessFX in privates.

For texCoordSize, we have the Blurfx plugin which needs it. And you
might have other plugins in compiz in the future, which use the
vertices and indices produced by another plugin (animation or wobbly)
to do effects similar to blurring, reflections, etc., and therefore
need texCoordSize. It's used together with CompWindow.texUnits so I
think it would make sense for it to be in CompWindow instead of in
privates.

And about the common code with minimize: Actually Animation was
written to replace Minimize completely. I don't know if you would
consider that as an option though. Otherwise, putting the common code
in core can be considered.

Thanks.

PS: I'm maintaining Animation in Beryl, but I don't have lots of spare
time, so I can't promise to maintain it in Compiz as well (which might
possibly be a different task if the two projects diverge more). Also,
if people want future changes in Beryl's animation.c to be
incorporated into Compiz's animation.c, I won't have time for the
necessary conversion, testing, etc. for Compiz. So if somebody else
(like Mike?) could take the responsibility of testing and maintenance
on Compiz and, if necessary, inform me about bugs/problems, I would be
glad.

Sorry. (I'm pretty busy).

- Erkin