[compiz] Command binding handling in compiz core

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at bohemians.org
Tue Feb 3 06:39:46 PST 2009

(snippets)

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 02:59:15PM +0100, Danny Baumann wrote:
> currently, we have a bunch of stuff in compiz core that is entirely
> Gnome specific, though it's designed to be general. What I mean is
> - arbitrary command bindings
> - terminal and screenshot command bindings
> - "main menu" and "run dialog" toolkit actions
>
> Hence I propose doing the following:
>
> - Add a "commands" plugin
> - Add a "gnomecompat" plugin
> - Remove "main menu" and "run dialog" toolkit action code from
> decorators and core completely.

This is definitely the way to go. The more I think about this, the more I
want it in 0.8.0, as the argument about KDE is significant, and given how
non-intrusive these changes are, I don't see any harm in going ahead with
them this close to a release.

Like I said on IRC: If we want to break the ABI, we better do it before the
stable release, not after.

- Kristian