[CREATE] Bad news from Amsterdam

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Sep 30 10:51:20 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 19:43 +0200, Dave Crossland wrote:
> 2008/9/30 adam hyde <adam at flossmanuals.net>:
> >
> > keen to host an Amsterdam event and
> > take care of the venue and logistics.
>
> Andy seems to be putting together a proposal to host - finding a venue
> and local sponsors and so on. I guess you should do the same, as
> should anyone else serious about organising LGM4, and post a finalised
> proposal to this list, and I guess the influential members of the
> community will form a consensus in some way.

Agree. Andy has already got some good stuff brewing, but maybe we can
say if anyone is interested in making a proposal, please make a nod by
the end of the day friday, good?

If there are more interest than just Andy's proposal, then we can give a
couple of weeks or until end of OCT to have plans together that would
provide options, good?

Of course, the primary thing is to get most developers possible
together. This includes proximity, sponsorship, etc, in order to get
most of us in 1 locaion.

> > link the two via video streaming
>
> Seems unlikely to be compelling to me, and risky that it wouldn't work
> technically, but I have no experience with this (as an administrator
> of live video streaming with free software, or as attending a
> conference that was linked like that) I suppose it could work.

I've never seen it work.

Best to have in-person meetings and focus energies on one location.

Jon

Jon Phillips
San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing
GLOBAL +1.415.830.3884