[CREATE] create resources, OpenRaster and tiled layers

Martin Renold martinxyz at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 14 09:12:21 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 02:52:19PM +0200, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Ideally, we'd be able to interchange images that contain such a background in
> OpenRaster. MyPaint saves its background as a layer and has some code to
> detect that the layer is actually a background layer with a pattern, but also
> saves a filled png of the size of the image.

MyPaint git now saves the tiled background like this:

<layer src="data/background.png" background_tile="data/background_tile.png">

MyPaint will accept only a N*64 x M*64 sized PNG without alpha channel.  If
those conditions are not met, it will treat it as an ordinary layer.

> I think it would be generally useful to be able to save layers that have tiled
> contents, and that it would also be nice to have an explicit tag that declares
> such a layer to be a background.

When most OpenRaster implementations out there support fallbacks, I will
probably change the implementation to use some <render> tag instead.

bye,
Martin