[CREATE] LGM 2010 Website

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Fri Oct 2 16:22:55 PDT 2009

Op donderdag 01-10-2009 om 13:45 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Yuval
Levy:
> What I find disturbing in the current cacophony is the term "Libre
> Graphics". "Libre Graphics" is insider terminology. It rings a bell with
> you, but the best association it gets from the general public is with a
> Cuba Libre at the bar! Contrast the self-explaining "Creative Suite".
>
> "Creative Suite" refers to the most important feature of that software:
> it is part of a suite and it is for creative use.
>
> What is most important about our projects as a group? FLOSS?  Important,
> sure, but not *most* important IMO.
>
> How do other people feel about this terminology thing? I currently do
> not have an alternative to "Libre Graphics" to suggest. Developing one
> would require some deep thinking and introspection and I'd like to have
> an indication whether such an effort would be welcome.
>
> If I abstract from "Creative Suite" being owned by Adobe, I could very
> well imagine to call the next Hugin "Hugin CS 2009.4.0". I could not
> imagine calling it "Hugin LG 2009.4.0" - not because of the association
> with other *L*ibre *G*raphics tools, but because of the term "libre
> graphics" itself.

What about s/Libre/Liberation/ or s/Libre/Liberty/ ?

Or use "CLS" for "Creativity Liberation Suite"...  ;-)
(It liberates your creativity in both artistic & philosophical ways!)

You might want to set up some sort of a brainstorm session during LGM
2010 about this...

--
Jan Claeys