[CREATE] the style of LGM 2011 [Was: consensus constitency persistence]

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Aug 20 02:12:26 PDT 2010

hi louis,

> For LGM 2011, I would keep the same logo as in Brussels. Unless...
> (more below)... What motivates this decision is because otherwise we
> would enter a long process for creating and then proposing and
> discussing the next logo... I think we need to concentrate on the
> sponsors and on the organisation of the event itself. Of course, I
> will be glad to read any further thoughts on that ! Maybe in 2012 we
> will have a different logo? We would then start working on it very
> shortly...
>
> Same applies for the website. What we really need as an organisation
> is more functionnalities in the website than a redesign each year.
> Once we will have all the mechanics working, including a way of
> reserving and paying for t-shirts, food, etc. then we could of course
> make the website change in look every year, within a 2-year process...

i'm more than comfortable with the idea of keeping the logo and design of the website as in brussels.

if we agree on this, i could set up a new instance of the wiki during the next month (there are some changes to be done to fix the problems we had while managing the site for 2010).

i have the original artworks and i could modify them for next year's LGM.
(i just checked: DIN OSP should have all the glyphs we need for montréal)

well, technically speaking, we should first ask alexandre if he allows us to use his work for 2011, too! :-)

ciao
a.l.e