[CREATE] SwatchBooker 0.5

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Jan 21 01:30:44 PST 2010

On Thursday 21 January 2010, Olivier BERTEN wrote:
> Well... I started 2 years ago with the CREATE format
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/create@lists.freedesktop.org/msg00900.html>
> but it didn't completely fit my needs. And since it hasn't been changed
> nor did it leave his "draft" status since then, I slowly got to have my
> own format.
>
> By the way, as you can see from the version number, it's a very early
> version that's certainly going to change before version 1.0 and it also
> might get closer to CREATE format once it gets his "standard" status ;-)

Well, the point of my question was to try to work on getting the create format
have the features that are needed by people to start using it. So far,
koffice/krita has a partial implementation of it (colors deserialization),
mostly because I am lazy :/ So I would be interested to know why there are not
much more implementations, lake of time ? lake of awarness ? missing features
? lazyness ? deep flaw in the spec ?

--
Cyrille Berger